Join the Team!
BlueQuartz Software is always looking for talented software engineers or domain experts with programming expertise
Ready to Help Change how Materials are Discovered?
Join the team of engineers developing the next generation of open data analysis tools for the materials science and engineering domain and beyond. BlueQuartz Software is the primary maintainer of the popular DREAM.3D desktop application which is used by international researchers, engineers and scientists to analyze 3D data sets acquired from a number of cutting edge instruments.
Teams & Open Positions
BlueQuartz Software has the following openings in our Springboro, Ohio office.
Software Engineering Team
Tasked with developing new software to our clients specifications and maintaining previous product releases
When you join our team you will collaborate with our external clients to create new and enhance existing software products.
• Create next-generation, open-source software for desktop applications
• Develop advanced visualization and analysis algorithms, applications integrated systems that involve images and data from cutting edge data acquisition systems.
• Deploy software applications and infrastructure that are used by people every day around the world to accelerate their research.
• Exceptional skills in C++ and Python
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field. Salary and levels of responsibility and autonomy will be commensurate with the amount of relevant education and experience.
• Demonstrated software development expertise (e.g., active github account, successful school project, or documented open-source contribution)
• Enthusiasm for programming, learning, problem solving, and tracking technology trends
• Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
• Revision control system experience (we use git)
• Understanding of computer system, programming language constructs, and design patterns
• Familiarity with high-quality software practices (test-driven development, documentation, software review processes and cross-platform support)
• Experience with large-project build systems (CMake, auto tools, etc)
• Experience with user-interface design
Perks & Benefits
Founded in 2013, BlueQuartz Software is the primary maintainer and developer of the DREAM.3D open-source data analysis platform for materials science and engineering applications. BlueQuartz Software team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, paid time off, 401(k), health insurance and life insurance.