Join the Team!
BlueQuartz Software is always looking for talented software engineers or domain experts with programming expertise
Ready to Help Change how Materials are Discovered?
Join the team of engineers developing the next generation of open data analysis tools for the materials science and engineering domain and beyond. BlueQuartz Software is the primary maintainer of the popular DREAM.3D desktop application which is used by international researchers, engineers and scientists to analyze 3D data sets acquired from a number of cutting edge instruments.
Teams & Open Positions
BlueQuartz Software has the following openings in our Springboro, Ohio office.
Software Engineering Team
Tasked with developing new software to our clients specifications and maintaining previous product releases
BlueQuartz Software is seeking to hire a highly skilled software developer to assist us in creating high quality software for our research and commercial collaborations. Our team members have a passion for C++, Python and UI development and are seeking to find others to join us in addressing challenging software design and development tasks across diverse application areas.
When you join our team you will collaborate with our external clients to create new and enhance existing software products.
• Create next-generation, open-source software for desktop applications
• Develop advanced visualization and analysis algorithms, applications integrated systems that involve images and data from cutting edge data acquisition systems.
• Deploy software applications and infrastructure that are used by people every day around the world to accelerate their research.
• Exceptional skills in C++ and Python
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in computer science or a related field. Salary and levels of responsibility and autonomy will be commensurate with the amount of relevant education and experience.
• Demonstrated software development expertise (e.g., active github account, successful school project, or documented open-source contribution)
• Enthusiasm for programming, learning, problem solving, and tracking technology trends
• Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
• Revision control system experience (we use git)
• Understanding of computer system, programming language constructs, and design patterns
• Familiarity with high-quality software practices (test-driven development, documentation, software review processes and cross-platform support)
• Experience with large-project build systems (CMake, auto tools, etc)
• Experience with user-interface design
Founded in 2013 and located in the Springboro, Ohio area, BlueQuartz Software is a leading developer of custom software solutions within the materials science and engineering community. BlueQuartz Software employees enjoy a close collaboration with leading universities and research institutions in the fields of computational materials science and engineering. These collaborations lead to continuous advances and ongoing development of the DREAM.3D data analysis, reconstruction, and synthetic microstructure generation software suite. This open-source project has gained an international user base who use it to research, develop and understand new and existing material systems, and to solve real-world engineering problems in the aerospace, naval, and automotive industries.
Perks & Benefits
BlueQuartz Software team members enjoy a small company environment, flexibility in work assignments, and high levels of independence and responsibility. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a generous compensation plan, flexible working hours, paid time off, 401(k), health insurance and life insurance.
BlueQuartz Software compensates their employees at standard industry rates.
Flexible Work Schedule
Like a normal 9-5 day. Like long weekends and want to work 4x 10hr days? Need to pick up a loved one in the middle of the day? We can accommodate your schedule.
50% of each employees health, dental and vision benefits are paid for by the company.
Annual Time Off
BlueQuartz Software employees enjoy 80 hours of vacation time, paid sick time and 10 US government holidays each year.
BlueQuartz Software will match 1:1 up to 4% and 0.5:1 from 4% to 5% of your annual compensation directly into a 401(k) account.